CM/ECF Frequently Asked Questions

Match word(s).


How do I pay my filing fee?
CM/ECF will prompt the user for credit card information during the filing of any transaction requiring a fee.

I filed a document that requires a fee, but failed to make the payment. What do I do?
Create a PDF document for the case called "Notice of Attorney Payment of Fees." Log into CM/ECF and find that same event in the Notices menu. During the fiing of that event, the system will prompt the user for the type of fee being paid, and the credit card information.

I just paid a case-related fee twice. How do I get the overpayment reversed?
Contact the ECF help desk immediately. If caught in time (the same date), it is usually possible to reverse the overpayment.

United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts

[ Home | Site Map | Contact Information ]