What hardware and software will I need to use CM/ECF?
You will need the following hardware and software to electronically file, view, and retrieve documents in the CM/ECF system.
* A personal computer running a standard platform such as Windows or Macintosh.;
* Software to convert documents from a word processor format to portable document format (PDF). Adobe Acrobat PDF Writer, as well as certain word processing programs can perform this function. (For viewing documents, not authoring them, only Adobe Acrobat Reader is needed.);
* A PDF-compatible word processor like WordPerfect or Microsoft Word;
* A scanner to convert paper documents that are not in your word processing system to an electronic version suitable for e-filing.
* What if I'm having computer problems?
* I've registered for and received a CM/ECF login account, but I still get a login screen when I try to search for case information. Why?
* When I print an image from CM/ECF, the right edge gets cut off.
* I am having problems logging in with the information that was provided to me. Every time I type in the password, the system tells me that it is incorrect or that I can cancel or continue. Can you please check my account and let me know why I keep getting an error when I use it.
* I'm unable to print a pdf document, it only asks me to name it. Why?
* How do I link my PACER account to my ECF account?
* I open the document, but all I see is a blank screen. What's wrong?
* I'm having problems with my internet provider and I have not received my electronic notices. What should I do?
United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts