I am having problems logging in with the information that was provided to me. Every time I type in the password, the system tells me that it is incorrect or that I can cancel or continue. Can you please check my account and let me know why I keep getting an error when I use it.
If you are seeing a message that your login and/or password is incorrect, check that you are typing your user name and password exactly as it was displayed when it was sent to you. If you are presented with a screen that says you may already be logged in and gives you an option to continue or cancel, you should click on 'continue' which will log you in and bring you to the main CM/ECF page. We suggest that you routinely clear out your 'temporary internet files' and delete your 'cookies', to prevent any logins issues from happening. If you are using Internet Explorer or Firefox, you can set your options to do this automatically each time you close your browser. If you are using Netscape, you need to clear them manually. NOTE: once logged into CM/ECF, you may see a second login screen if you have clicked on a hyperlink to a docket sheet or document. To prevent seeing the PACER screen, follow the directions later in this FAQ page for help on linking your PACER account to your CM/ECF account.
* How do I sign and file an affidavit?
* How do I file a new civil case?
* I filed an Immigration or Naturalization petition, but can not see the case through PACER. Why?
* How do I pay my filing fee?
* How do I file documents filed as part of the mediation process?
* Local Rule requires a Certificate of Service, but how do I know who I have to serve by paper?
* I open the document, but all I see is a blank screen. What's wrong?
* I am filing a civil case with many parties. Do I add them all?
* I'm unable to print a pdf document, it only asks me to name it. Why?
* How do I get a summons when I file a new case?
* How do I know what entry to use?
* I think I have a login and password, but I can't remember it. Should I re-register and submit the online form?
* I have filed a notice of appearance but I'm not receiving notices. How do I fix this?
* I filed a document that requires a fee, but failed to make the payment. What do I do?
* May I add a client's email address to my account?
* How do I register for Electronic Case Filing (ECF) in the District of Massachusetts?
* What hardware and software will I need to use CM/ECF?
* What if I'm having computer problems?
* Do I need to use a client code when logging into PACER or ECF?
* Can you change my or my associate's email address for me?
* How do I file my executed summons?
* Is CM/ECF mandatory?
* What if I haven't yet applied for an account?
* When I print an image from CM/ECF, the right edge gets cut off.
* I've registered for and received a CM/ECF login account, but I still get a login screen when I try to search for case information. Why?
* What if I think I have an ECF account, but don't know my login and password?
* I am admitted pro hac vice? May I register to use CM/ECF?
* What is CM/ECF?
* I filed an appearance in a case, but have since the left the firm. What do I need to do to stop receiving notices?
* I need a summons. What do I do?
* I registered for ECF and have begun to receive e-mails with the Notice of Electronic Filing but I have not received a login and password yet. What do I do?
* I receive e-mails from the Court, but I just can't read the body of the message. What's wrong?
* The law firm I work for is merging with another firm. How do I update my contact information?
* What documents can not be filed electronically?
* How do I sign my documents?
* I filed a Social Security appeal, but can not see the case through PACER. Why?
* Where is the Notice of Removal entry?
* What happens when I am on vacation and I don't have access to e-mail?
* What if I make a mistake when filing a document?
* What if I don't know how to use the system?
* I have a box full of exhibits. Must they all be filed electronically?
* I registered for ECF but I have not received a login and password. How can I check on this?
* I am changing firms. Do I need to establish a new e-filing login and password?
* I'm having problems with my internet provider and I have not received my electronic notices. What should I do?
* May I file a notice of appearance for another attorney?
* I filed an answer that included two other attorneys from my firm, but their names do not appear on the docket. Why?
* What should we do when an attorney leaves the firm?
* How do I link my PACER account to my ECF account?
United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts