What if I'm having computer problems?
Problems on the filer's end, such as telephone or cable line problems, problems with the filer's Internet Service Provider (ISP), or hardware or software problems, will not constitute a technical failure under these procedures nor excuse an untimely filing. A filer who cannot file a document electronically because of a problem on the filer's end must file the document conventionally along with a copy of the document in PDF format on a 3.5" floppy or compact disk or contact the clerk's office for permission to submit the PDF document via e-mail. Since help desk support will only be available during normal business hours, filers are strongly urged to electronically file any documents due on a given day during normal business hours. (See CM/ECF Administrative Procedures, Section T)
* I'm having problems with my internet provider and I have not received my electronic notices. What should I do?
* How do I link my PACER account to my ECF account?
* May I add a client's email address to my account?
* I have filed a notice of appearance but I'm not receiving notices. How do I fix this?
* What hardware and software will I need to use CM/ECF?
* I think I have a login and password, but I can't remember it. Should I re-register and submit the online form?
* I've registered for and received a CM/ECF login account, but I still get a login screen when I try to search for case information. Why?
* What if I think I have an ECF account, but don't know my login and password?
* When I print an image from CM/ECF, the right edge gets cut off.
* I filed a Social Security appeal, but can not see the case through PACER. Why?
* I am having problems logging in with the information that was provided to me. Every time I type in the password, the system tells me that it is incorrect or that I can cancel or continue. Can you please check my account and let me know why I keep getting an error when I use it.
* I filed an Immigration or Naturalization petition, but can not see the case through PACER. Why?
* I am changing firms. Do I need to establish a new e-filing login and password?
* What if I haven't yet applied for an account?
* I'm unable to print a pdf document, it only asks me to name it. Why?
* What if I don't know how to use the system?
* I open the document, but all I see is a blank screen. What's wrong?
* I receive e-mails from the Court, but I just can't read the body of the message. What's wrong?
United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts