CM/ECF Frequently Asked Questions

Match word(s).

I filed an Immigration or Naturalization petition, but can not see the case through PACER. Why?

Online access to documents in these cases are limited to counsel of record. To view the documents online, first log into CM/ECF and then open the email message.

Related Topics:
* I filed a document that requires a fee, but failed to make the payment. What do I do?

* What documents can not be filed electronically?

* What is CM/ECF?

* I am changing firms. Do I need to establish a new e-filing login and password?

* What if I haven't yet applied for an account?

* I am having problems logging in with the information that was provided to me. Every time I type in the password, the system tells me that it is incorrect or that I can cancel or continue. Can you please check my account and let me know why I keep getting an error when I use it.

* How do I file documents filed as part of the mediation process?

* I have filed a notice of appearance but I'm not receiving notices. How do I fix this?

* How do I get a summons when I file a new case?

* What if I'm having computer problems?

* How do I file a new civil case?

* Local Rule requires a Certificate of Service, but how do I know who I have to serve by paper?

* Is CM/ECF mandatory?

* May I add a client's email address to my account?

* What happens when I am on vacation and I don't have access to e-mail?

* How do I know what entry to use?

* I receive e-mails from the Court, but I just can't read the body of the message. What's wrong?

* Do I need to use a client code when logging into PACER or ECF?

* What if I make a mistake when filing a document?

* I filed an answer that included two other attorneys from my firm, but their names do not appear on the docket. Why?

* How do I sign my documents?

* Where is the Notice of Removal entry?

* I registered for ECF and have begun to receive e-mails with the Notice of Electronic Filing but I have not received a login and password yet. What do I do?

* The law firm I work for is merging with another firm. How do I update my contact information?

* May I file a notice of appearance for another attorney?

* How do I register for Electronic Case Filing (ECF) in the District of Massachusetts?

* How do I sign and file an affidavit?

* I need a summons. What do I do?

* What if I don't know how to use the system?

* I registered for ECF but I have not received a login and password. How can I check on this?

* What should we do when an attorney leaves the firm?

* Can you change my or my associate's email address for me?

* I have a box full of exhibits. Must they all be filed electronically?

* I am admitted pro hac vice? May I register to use CM/ECF?

* I filed a Social Security appeal, but can not see the case through PACER. Why?

* How do I file my executed summons?

* I filed an appearance in a case, but have since the left the firm. What do I need to do to stop receiving notices?

* I am filing a civil case with many parties. Do I add them all?

* I think I have a login and password, but I can't remember it. Should I re-register and submit the online form?

* How do I pay my filing fee?

* How do I link my PACER account to my ECF account?

* What if I think I have an ECF account, but don't know my login and password?

United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts

[ Home | Site Map | Contact Information ]