How do I sign and file an affidavit?
See CM/ECF Administrative Procedures Section J.3: Except as provided in subsection H(2)(e), affidavits shall be filed electronically; however, the electronically filed version must contain a "/s/ name of signatory" block indicating that the paper document bears an original signature. The filing attorney shall retain the original for future production, if necessary, for two (2) years after the expiration of the time for filing a timely appeal.
* What if my document is too large, or is bound in some way that I can't scan it?
* What should we do when an attorney leaves the firm?
* How do I know what entry to use?
* Can you change my or my associate's email address for me?
* I filed a document that requires a fee, but failed to make the payment. What do I do?
* I filed an answer that included two other attorneys from my firm, but their names do not appear on the docket. Why?
* I registered for ECF and have begun to receive e-mails with the Notice of Electronic Filing but I have not received a login and password yet. What do I do?
* I filed an Immigration or Naturalization petition, but can not see the case through PACER. Why?
* I filed an appearance in a case, but have since the left the firm. What do I need to do to stop receiving notices?
* Is there a size limitation for Adobe PDF documents in CM/ECF?
* What happens when I am on vacation and I don't have access to e-mail?
* I recently upgraded my Adobe application. When I try to view PDF documents in CM/ECF, I see a blank screen. How can I fix this?
* I am having problems logging in with the information that was provided to me. Every time I type in the password, the system tells me that it is incorrect or that I can cancel or continue. Can you please check my account and let me know why I keep getting an error when I use it.
* Where is the Notice of Removal entry?
* How do I file a new civil case?
* What documents can not be filed electronically?
* Is CM/ECF mandatory?
* I need a summons. What do I do?
* I am filing a civil case with many parties. Do I add them all?
* How do I register for Electronic Case Filing (ECF) in the District of Massachusetts?
* How do I get a summons when I file a new case?
* I open the document, but all I see is a blank screen. What's wrong?
* How do I sign my documents?
* Local Rule requires a Certificate of Service, but how do I know who I have to serve by paper?
* How do I file documents filed as part of the mediation process?
* The law firm I work for is merging with another firm. How do I update my contact information?
* I am admitted pro hac vice? May I register to use CM/ECF?
* May I file a notice of appearance for another attorney?
* I have a box full of exhibits. Must they all be filed electronically?
* How do I pay my filing fee?
* What if I make a mistake when filing a document?
* Do I need to use a client code when logging into PACER or ECF?
* I'm unable to print a pdf document, it only asks me to name it. Why?
* I tried to file a document but it says "format not recognized". What am I doing wrong?
* What is CM/ECF?
* How do I file my executed summons?
* I registered for ECF but I have not received a login and password. How can I check on this?
United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts