How do I sign and file an affidavit?
See CM/ECF Administrative Procedures Section J.3: Except as provided in subsection H(2)(e), affidavits shall be filed electronically; however, the electronically filed version must contain a "/s/ name of signatory" block indicating that the paper document bears an original signature. The filing attorney shall retain the original for future production, if necessary, for two (2) years after the expiration of the time for filing a timely appeal.
* What if my document is too large, or is bound in some way that I can't scan it?
* What should we do when an attorney leaves the firm?
* What if I make a mistake when filing a document?
* How do I get a summons when I file a new case?
* How do I file documents filed as part of the mediation process?
* I filed an answer that included two other attorneys from my firm, but their names do not appear on the docket. Why?
* May I file a notice of appearance for another attorney?
* I registered for ECF but I have not received a login and password. How can I check on this?
* I filed an appearance in a case, but have since the left the firm. What do I need to do to stop receiving notices?
* How do I pay my filing fee?
* I am filing a civil case with many parties. Do I add them all?
* I am admitted pro hac vice? May I register to use CM/ECF?
* I tried to file a document but it says "format not recognized". What am I doing wrong?
* How do I know what entry to use?
* I have a box full of exhibits. Must they all be filed electronically?
* I open the document, but all I see is a blank screen. What's wrong?
* How do I sign my documents?
* I am having problems logging in with the information that was provided to me. Every time I type in the password, the system tells me that it is incorrect or that I can cancel or continue. Can you please check my account and let me know why I keep getting an error when I use it.
* Is CM/ECF mandatory?
* I registered for ECF and have begun to receive e-mails with the Notice of Electronic Filing but I have not received a login and password yet. What do I do?
* Local Rule requires a Certificate of Service, but how do I know who I have to serve by paper?
* I recently upgraded my Adobe application. When I try to view PDF documents in CM/ECF, I see a blank screen. How can I fix this?
* What is CM/ECF?
* What documents can not be filed electronically?
* I'm unable to print a pdf document, it only asks me to name it. Why?
* How do I file a new civil case?
* Is there a size limitation for Adobe PDF documents in CM/ECF?
* How do I file my executed summons?
* What happens when I am on vacation and I don't have access to e-mail?
* The law firm I work for is merging with another firm. How do I update my contact information?
* I need a summons. What do I do?
* I filed an Immigration or Naturalization petition, but can not see the case through PACER. Why?
* Can you change my or my associate's email address for me?
* How do I register for Electronic Case Filing (ECF) in the District of Massachusetts?
* Do I need to use a client code when logging into PACER or ECF?
* Where is the Notice of Removal entry?
* I filed a document that requires a fee, but failed to make the payment. What do I do?
United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts