What happens when I am on vacation and I don't have access to e-mail?
You can add additional e-mail addresses to your account, so that another staff member may monitor the filings in your absence. You can also modify your e-mail user account to receive a daily summary rather than a notice for each filing, thus cutting down on the number of emails you'll have in your inbox upon your return.
* How do I link my PACER account to my ECF account?
* I am filing a civil case with many parties. Do I add them all?
* I am having problems logging in with the information that was provided to me. Every time I type in the password, the system tells me that it is incorrect or that I can cancel or continue. Can you please check my account and let me know why I keep getting an error when I use it.
* How do I file documents filed as part of the mediation process?
* I need a summons. What do I do?
* Can you change my or my associate's email address for me?
* Local Rule requires a Certificate of Service, but how do I know who I have to serve by paper?
* I filed an Immigration or Naturalization petition, but can not see the case through PACER. Why?
* I filed an appearance in a case, but have since the left the firm. What do I need to do to stop receiving notices?
* How do I file a new civil case?
* What is CM/ECF?
* When I am out of the office for a period of time, I usually set up an Out of Office rule in my email account. Does that have any affect on ECF Noticing?
* May I add a client's email address to my account?
* When I copy the URL address from the Notice of Electronic Filing (NEF) receipt into a browser (as instructed), it brings me to a PACER login screen. Why?
* I'm not receiving notices in cases in which I am involved. I've registered for ECF and have a login and password. What's wrong?
* Is CM/ECF mandatory?
* I've registered for and received a CM/ECF login account, but I still get a login screen when I try to search for case information. Why?
* I registered for ECF and have begun to receive e-mails with the Notice of Electronic Filing but I have not received a login and password yet. What do I do?
* What if I make a mistake when filing a document?
* I added additional email addresses to my noticing list however, now I am not getting any notices. Why?
* I have a box full of exhibits. Must they all be filed electronically?
* What should we do when an attorney leaves the firm?
* Where is the Notice of Removal entry?
* How do I know what entry to use?
* I filed a document that requires a fee, but failed to make the payment. What do I do?
* May I file a notice of appearance for another attorney?
* I filed an answer that included two other attorneys from my firm, but their names do not appear on the docket. Why?
* How do I sign my documents?
* Do I need to use a client code when logging into PACER or ECF?
* The law firm I work for is merging with another firm. How do I update my contact information?
* In training we were told you get one free look at the document when you receive a Notice of Electronic Filing. How does it work, since we still have to login to PACER?
* How do I sign and file an affidavit?
* I registered for ECF but I have not received a login and password. How can I check on this?
* How do I register for Electronic Case Filing (ECF) in the District of Massachusetts?
* I receive e-mails from the Court, but I just can't read the body of the message. What's wrong?
* I'm having problems with my internet provider and I have not received my electronic notices. What should I do?
* I am admitted pro hac vice? May I register to use CM/ECF?
* What documents can not be filed electronically?
* How do I file my executed summons?
* I received a notice of electronic filing in a case I'm involved in but there was no link or text after the line: "Copy the URL address on the line below into the location bar of your Web browser to view the document: or Document Number:"
* How do I get a summons when I file a new case?
* I have filed a notice of appearance but I'm not receiving notices. How do I fix this?
* How do I pay my filing fee?
United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts