How do I link my PACER account to my ECF account?
You may link your PACER Account to your CM/ECF account in one of two ways: 1, by going to the Utilities menu in ECF and clicking on "Change your PACER Login" or by 2, going to PACER. Either choice will bring the user to a PACER login screen. Immediately above the login portion of the screen, a check box may be found to "Make this my default PACER login."
* What hardware and software will I need to use CM/ECF?
* I added additional email addresses to my noticing list however, now I am not getting any notices. Why?
* In training we were told you get one free look at the document when you receive a Notice of Electronic Filing. How does it work, since we still have to login to PACER?
* What if I'm having computer problems?
* I'm unable to print a pdf document, it only asks me to name it. Why?
* When I am out of the office for a period of time, I usually set up an Out of Office rule in my email account. Does that have any affect on ECF Noticing?
* I've registered for and received a CM/ECF login account, but I still get a login screen when I try to search for case information. Why?
* What happens when I am on vacation and I don't have access to e-mail?
* I filed a Social Security appeal, but can not see the case through PACER. Why?
* I filed an Immigration or Naturalization petition, but can not see the case through PACER. Why?
* I am having problems logging in with the information that was provided to me. Every time I type in the password, the system tells me that it is incorrect or that I can cancel or continue. Can you please check my account and let me know why I keep getting an error when I use it.
* Do I need to use a client code when logging into PACER or ECF?
* I have filed a notice of appearance but I'm not receiving notices. How do I fix this?
* When I copy the URL address from the Notice of Electronic Filing (NEF) receipt into a browser (as instructed), it brings me to a PACER login screen. Why?
* I am changing firms. Do I need to establish a new e-filing login and password?
* I receive e-mails from the Court, but I just can't read the body of the message. What's wrong?
* I received a notice of electronic filing in a case I'm involved in but there was no link or text after the line: "Copy the URL address on the line below into the location bar of your Web browser to view the document: or Document Number:"
* I think I have a login and password, but I can't remember it. Should I re-register and submit the online form?
* When I print an image from CM/ECF, the right edge gets cut off.
* I open the document, but all I see is a blank screen. What's wrong?
* What if I haven't yet applied for an account?
* I'm having problems with my internet provider and I have not received my electronic notices. What should I do?
* What if I don't know how to use the system?
* May I add a client's email address to my account?
* What if I think I have an ECF account, but don't know my login and password?
* Can you change my or my associate's email address for me?
United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts