In training we were told you get one free look at the document when you receive a Notice of Electronic Filing. How does it work, since we still have to login to PACER?
From the PACER Service Center, this is how the free look is working:
Primary Email Address Only: The Notice of Electronic Filing (NEF) is sent to the primary email address and the recipient receives a free look from the document link. When viewing the document after the one free look the recipient is billed. This is true for both civil and criminal cases.
Primary and Secondary Email Addresses: The NEF is sent to the primary email address and to all secondary email addresses. The primary email address receives a free look and the first secondary email address to view the document also receives a free look. All other secondary email addresses are billed. Therefore, when there are both primary and secondary email addresses they are treated as two different sets allowing one free look for each set. This is true for both civil and criminal cases.
If the public user sees the billing receipt, they are getting charged. If the transaction is recorded in the billing logs and is visible under the review billing history option, then have been charged. You should contact the PACER Service Center with any questions regarding PACER charges and billing. You can log into their home page at http://pacer.psc.uscourts.gov or call the PACER Service Center at (800) 676-6856 or (210) 301-6440.
* What should we do when an attorney leaves the firm?
* I receive e-mails from the Court, but I just can't read the body of the message. What's wrong?
* May I add a client's email address to my account?
* I filed an appearance in a case, but have since the left the firm. What do I need to do to stop receiving notices?
* What happens when I am on vacation and I don't have access to e-mail?
* I'm having problems with my internet provider and I have not received my electronic notices. What should I do?
* I received a notice of electronic filing in a case I'm involved in but there was no link or text after the line: "Copy the URL address on the line below into the location bar of your Web browser to view the document: or Document Number:"
* I added additional email addresses to my noticing list however, now I am not getting any notices. Why?
* I have filed a notice of appearance but I'm not receiving notices. How do I fix this?
* I'm not receiving notices in cases in which I am involved. I've registered for ECF and have a login and password. What's wrong?
* How do I link my PACER account to my ECF account?
* When I copy the URL address from the Notice of Electronic Filing (NEF) receipt into a browser (as instructed), it brings me to a PACER login screen. Why?
* Do I need to use a client code when logging into PACER or ECF?
* Local Rule requires a Certificate of Service, but how do I know who I have to serve by paper?
* I've registered for and received a CM/ECF login account, but I still get a login screen when I try to search for case information. Why?
United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts