Local Rule requires a Certificate of Service, but how do I know who I have to serve by paper?
A "Notice of Electronic Filing" is created at the completion of each entry. That notice will list all attorneys receiving email notice, and any attorney (with the current street address) who is not receiving email notice. The filing attorney is responsible for sending a hard copy to those individuals. See the Court's CM/ECF Administrative Procedures, Section E for an explanation and suggested language for the certificate of service.
* I'm unable to print a pdf document, it only asks me to name it. Why?
* How do I sign my documents?
* How do I know what entry to use?
* Is CM/ECF mandatory?
* Do I need to use a client code when logging into PACER or ECF?
* How do I sign and file an affidavit?
* I am having problems logging in with the information that was provided to me. Every time I type in the password, the system tells me that it is incorrect or that I can cancel or continue. Can you please check my account and let me know why I keep getting an error when I use it.
* I received a notice of electronic filing in a case I'm involved in but there was no link or text after the line: "Copy the URL address on the line below into the location bar of your Web browser to view the document: or Document Number:"
* I've registered for and received a CM/ECF login account, but I still get a login screen when I try to search for case information. Why?
* Can you change my or my associate's email address for me?
* I filed an answer that included two other attorneys from my firm, but their names do not appear on the docket. Why?
* I'm not receiving notices in cases in which I am involved. I've registered for ECF and have a login and password. What's wrong?
* What if my document is too large, or is bound in some way that I can't scan it?
* I filed an Immigration or Naturalization petition, but can not see the case through PACER. Why?
* What should we do when an attorney leaves the firm?
* I recently upgraded my Adobe application. When I try to view PDF documents in CM/ECF, I see a blank screen. How can I fix this?
* What is CM/ECF?
* What documents can not be filed electronically?
* Where is the Notice of Removal entry?
* May I file a notice of appearance for another attorney?
* I'm having problems with my internet provider and I have not received my electronic notices. What should I do?
* What happens when I am on vacation and I don't have access to e-mail?
* I open the document, but all I see is a blank screen. What's wrong?
* How do I file a new civil case?
* I am filing a civil case with many parties. Do I add them all?
* I registered for ECF and have begun to receive e-mails with the Notice of Electronic Filing but I have not received a login and password yet. What do I do?
* May I add a client's email address to my account?
* I am admitted pro hac vice? May I register to use CM/ECF?
* How do I register for Electronic Case Filing (ECF) in the District of Massachusetts?
* How do I file my executed summons?
* I added additional email addresses to my noticing list however, now I am not getting any notices. Why?
* How do I pay my filing fee?
* What if I make a mistake when filing a document?
* I need a summons. What do I do?
* I filed a document that requires a fee, but failed to make the payment. What do I do?
* In training we were told you get one free look at the document when you receive a Notice of Electronic Filing. How does it work, since we still have to login to PACER?
* I have a box full of exhibits. Must they all be filed electronically?
* Is there a size limitation for Adobe PDF documents in CM/ECF?
* I tried to file a document but it says "format not recognized". What am I doing wrong?
* How do I file documents filed as part of the mediation process?
* I filed an appearance in a case, but have since the left the firm. What do I need to do to stop receiving notices?
* I registered for ECF but I have not received a login and password. How can I check on this?
* I have filed a notice of appearance but I'm not receiving notices. How do I fix this?
* When I copy the URL address from the Notice of Electronic Filing (NEF) receipt into a browser (as instructed), it brings me to a PACER login screen. Why?
* I receive e-mails from the Court, but I just can't read the body of the message. What's wrong?
* The law firm I work for is merging with another firm. How do I update my contact information?
* How do I get a summons when I file a new case?
United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts