What is CM/ECF?
CM/ECF is the Case Management/Electronic Case Files project is a joint project of the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts and the federal courts to replace existing case management systems with a new system based on current technology, new software and increased functionality. This system gives federal courts the ability to maintain electronic case files and offer electronic filing of court documents over the Internet. You can find information about the CM/ECF Project on a national level by going to the U.S. Courts website at http://www.uscourts.gov
* I filed an appearance in a case, but have since the left the firm. What do I need to do to stop receiving notices?
* I filed an answer that included two other attorneys from my firm, but their names do not appear on the docket. Why?
* I registered for ECF but I have not received a login and password. How can I check on this?
* I am having problems logging in with the information that was provided to me. Every time I type in the password, the system tells me that it is incorrect or that I can cancel or continue. Can you please check my account and let me know why I keep getting an error when I use it.
* How do I register for Electronic Case Filing (ECF) in the District of Massachusetts?
* How do I sign my documents?
* What should we do when an attorney leaves the firm?
* I am admitted pro hac vice? May I register to use CM/ECF?
* I need a summons. What do I do?
* Can you change my or my associate's email address for me?
* How do I pay my filing fee?
* What if I make a mistake when filing a document?
* Where is the Notice of Removal entry?
* Do I need to use a client code when logging into PACER or ECF?
* What documents can not be filed electronically?
* How do I file documents filed as part of the mediation process?
* I am filing a civil case with many parties. Do I add them all?
* May I file a notice of appearance for another attorney?
* I have a box full of exhibits. Must they all be filed electronically?
* The law firm I work for is merging with another firm. How do I update my contact information?
* How do I get a summons when I file a new case?
* I filed a document that requires a fee, but failed to make the payment. What do I do?
* How do I sign and file an affidavit?
* Is CM/ECF mandatory?
* I registered for ECF and have begun to receive e-mails with the Notice of Electronic Filing but I have not received a login and password yet. What do I do?
* I filed an Immigration or Naturalization petition, but can not see the case through PACER. Why?
* How do I know what entry to use?
* How do I file a new civil case?
* Local Rule requires a Certificate of Service, but how do I know who I have to serve by paper?
* How do I file my executed summons?
* What happens when I am on vacation and I don't have access to e-mail?
United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts