CM/ECF Frequently Asked Questions

Match word(s).

What documents can not be filed electronically?

See the Court's CM/ECF Administrative Procedures, Section H.1: the following documents shall be filed only on paper: sealed documents; administrative records in social security cases and in other administrative review proceedings; the state court record and other Rule 5 materials in habeas corpus cases filed in 28 U.S.C. § 2254 proceedings; ex parte motions and applications; pretrial hearing and trial exhibits; and medical records.

Related Topics:
* What is CM/ECF?

* Local Rule requires a Certificate of Service, but how do I know who I have to serve by paper?

* I have a box full of exhibits. Must they all be filed electronically?

* How do I know what entry to use?

* Do I need to use a client code when logging into PACER or ECF?

* I filed an answer that included two other attorneys from my firm, but their names do not appear on the docket. Why?

* How do I sign my documents?

* I filed an Immigration or Naturalization petition, but can not see the case through PACER. Why?

* I registered for ECF but I have not received a login and password. How can I check on this?

* I filed an appearance in a case, but have since the left the firm. What do I need to do to stop receiving notices?

* I registered for ECF and have begun to receive e-mails with the Notice of Electronic Filing but I have not received a login and password yet. What do I do?

* Is CM/ECF mandatory?

* I need a summons. What do I do?

* What happens when I am on vacation and I don't have access to e-mail?

* How do I file documents filed as part of the mediation process?

* The law firm I work for is merging with another firm. How do I update my contact information?

* Where is the Notice of Removal entry?

* I am filing a civil case with many parties. Do I add them all?

* I am having problems logging in with the information that was provided to me. Every time I type in the password, the system tells me that it is incorrect or that I can cancel or continue. Can you please check my account and let me know why I keep getting an error when I use it.

* How do I file a new civil case?

* What if I make a mistake when filing a document?

* How do I pay my filing fee?

* I am admitted pro hac vice? May I register to use CM/ECF?

* How do I get a summons when I file a new case?

* What should we do when an attorney leaves the firm?

* May I file a notice of appearance for another attorney?

* How do I register for Electronic Case Filing (ECF) in the District of Massachusetts?

* How do I file my executed summons?

* How do I sign and file an affidavit?

* I filed a document that requires a fee, but failed to make the payment. What do I do?

* Can you change my or my associate's email address for me?

United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts

[ Home | Site Map | Contact Information ]