How do I know what entry to use?
CM/ECF contains literally hundreds of entries (also called events). To find the proper event to use, click on Search on the blue menu bar and enter some portion of the entry you wish to file. If one exists, the system will respond with a link to the menu, and the event. You may proceed with your electronic entry as normal.
* I am filing a civil case with many parties. Do I add them all?
* I filed an appearance in a case, but have since the left the firm. What do I need to do to stop receiving notices?
* How do I register for Electronic Case Filing (ECF) in the District of Massachusetts?
* I filed an answer that included two other attorneys from my firm, but their names do not appear on the docket. Why?
* How do I file my executed summons?
* I filed a document that requires a fee, but failed to make the payment. What do I do?
* I registered for ECF and have begun to receive e-mails with the Notice of Electronic Filing but I have not received a login and password yet. What do I do?
* I need a summons. What do I do?
* I filed an Immigration or Naturalization petition, but can not see the case through PACER. Why?
* I am admitted pro hac vice? May I register to use CM/ECF?
* Do I need to use a client code when logging into PACER or ECF?
* Is CM/ECF mandatory?
* Local Rule requires a Certificate of Service, but how do I know who I have to serve by paper?
* I have a box full of exhibits. Must they all be filed electronically?
* How do I pay my filing fee?
* May I file a notice of appearance for another attorney?
* What is CM/ECF?
* I am having problems logging in with the information that was provided to me. Every time I type in the password, the system tells me that it is incorrect or that I can cancel or continue. Can you please check my account and let me know why I keep getting an error when I use it.
* How do I file a new civil case?
* Can you change my or my associate's email address for me?
* Where is the Notice of Removal entry?
* What documents can not be filed electronically?
* The law firm I work for is merging with another firm. How do I update my contact information?
* What happens when I am on vacation and I don't have access to e-mail?
* What if I make a mistake when filing a document?
* What should we do when an attorney leaves the firm?
* How do I file documents filed as part of the mediation process?
* How do I sign my documents?
* How do I get a summons when I file a new case?
* How do I sign and file an affidavit?
* I registered for ECF but I have not received a login and password. How can I check on this?
United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts