I filed a document that requires a fee, but failed to make the payment. What do I do?
Create a PDF document for the case called "Notice of Attorney Payment of Fees." Log into CM/ECF and find that same event in the Notices menu. During the fiing of that event, the system will prompt the user for the type of fee being paid, and the credit card information.
* How do I file a new civil case?
* The law firm I work for is merging with another firm. How do I update my contact information?
* I need a summons. What do I do?
* I registered for ECF and have begun to receive e-mails with the Notice of Electronic Filing but I have not received a login and password yet. What do I do?
* Local Rule requires a Certificate of Service, but how do I know who I have to serve by paper?
* I have a box full of exhibits. Must they all be filed electronically?
* How do I file my executed summons?
* How do I file documents filed as part of the mediation process?
* Do I need to use a client code when logging into PACER or ECF?
* Where is the Notice of Removal entry?
* Is CM/ECF mandatory?
* How do I know what entry to use?
* How do I register for Electronic Case Filing (ECF) in the District of Massachusetts?
* I filed an answer that included two other attorneys from my firm, but their names do not appear on the docket. Why?
* How do I get a summons when I file a new case?
* Can you change my or my associate's email address for me?
* May I file a notice of appearance for another attorney?
* How do I pay my filing fee?
* I am filing a civil case with many parties. Do I add them all?
* I filed an Immigration or Naturalization petition, but can not see the case through PACER. Why?
* How do I sign and file an affidavit?
* What should we do when an attorney leaves the firm?
* How do I sign my documents?
* I just paid a case-related fee twice. How do I get the overpayment reversed?
* I am having problems logging in with the information that was provided to me. Every time I type in the password, the system tells me that it is incorrect or that I can cancel or continue. Can you please check my account and let me know why I keep getting an error when I use it.
* I registered for ECF but I have not received a login and password. How can I check on this?
* What documents can not be filed electronically?
* I filed an appearance in a case, but have since the left the firm. What do I need to do to stop receiving notices?
* What happens when I am on vacation and I don't have access to e-mail?
* What if I make a mistake when filing a document?
* What is CM/ECF?
* I am admitted pro hac vice? May I register to use CM/ECF?
United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts