How do I file my executed summons?
Once service has been made, complete the reverse side of the summons. Either scan the summons into a PDF document, or, if already in electronic format, convert it to PDF. File using the proper event in CM/ECF.
* I recently upgraded my Adobe application. When I try to view PDF documents in CM/ECF, I see a blank screen. How can I fix this?
* I'm unable to print a pdf document, it only asks me to name it. Why?
* I have a box full of exhibits. Must they all be filed electronically?
* What is CM/ECF?
* I am having problems logging in with the information that was provided to me. Every time I type in the password, the system tells me that it is incorrect or that I can cancel or continue. Can you please check my account and let me know why I keep getting an error when I use it.
* I registered for ECF and have begun to receive e-mails with the Notice of Electronic Filing but I have not received a login and password yet. What do I do?
* I filed a document that requires a fee, but failed to make the payment. What do I do?
* I tried to file a document but it says "format not recognized". What am I doing wrong?
* Is there a size limitation for Adobe PDF documents in CM/ECF?
* I filed an appearance in a case, but have since the left the firm. What do I need to do to stop receiving notices?
* Do I need to use a client code when logging into PACER or ECF?
* Local Rule requires a Certificate of Service, but how do I know who I have to serve by paper?
* How do I get a summons when I file a new case?
* How do I file a new civil case?
* I am filing a civil case with many parties. Do I add them all?
* I registered for ECF but I have not received a login and password. How can I check on this?
* How do I file documents filed as part of the mediation process?
* What happens when I am on vacation and I don't have access to e-mail?
* Is CM/ECF mandatory?
* I need a summons. What do I do?
* What if I make a mistake when filing a document?
* What should we do when an attorney leaves the firm?
* How do I register for Electronic Case Filing (ECF) in the District of Massachusetts?
* Where is the Notice of Removal entry?
* May I file a notice of appearance for another attorney?
* How do I sign and file an affidavit?
* I open the document, but all I see is a blank screen. What's wrong?
* What documents can not be filed electronically?
* How do I pay my filing fee?
* I filed an Immigration or Naturalization petition, but can not see the case through PACER. Why?
* How do I know what entry to use?
* What if my document is too large, or is bound in some way that I can't scan it?
* How do I sign my documents?
* The law firm I work for is merging with another firm. How do I update my contact information?
* Can you change my or my associate's email address for me?
* I am admitted pro hac vice? May I register to use CM/ECF?
* I filed an answer that included two other attorneys from my firm, but their names do not appear on the docket. Why?
United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts