I tried to file a document but it says "format not recognized". What am I doing wrong?
All documents must be submitted in Adobe PDF (portable document format) with an extension of ".pdf". Two common errors occur. First, a user thinks that he/she saved the document in PDF. The user then tries to file the word processor version (Word, WordPerfect, etc.) of the document; not the saved PDF version. Second, a user fails to indicate the full path name for the PDF file he/she wants to upload. Because the system could not find the file, it responded with the "format not recognized" message. The solution: provide the full path name when identifying the file (example: "c:\documents\motion.pdf") during the upload process.
* I'm unable to print a pdf document, it only asks me to name it. Why?
* I open the document, but all I see is a blank screen. What's wrong?
* What if my document is too large, or is bound in some way that I can't scan it?
* How do I sign and file an affidavit?
* How do I get a summons when I file a new case?
* How do I sign my documents?
* I recently upgraded my Adobe application. When I try to view PDF documents in CM/ECF, I see a blank screen. How can I fix this?
* Local Rule requires a Certificate of Service, but how do I know who I have to serve by paper?
* I have a box full of exhibits. Must they all be filed electronically?
* How do I file my executed summons?
* Is there a size limitation for Adobe PDF documents in CM/ECF?
United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts