CM/ECF Frequently Asked Questions

Match word(s).

I have a box full of exhibits. Must they all be filed electronically?

The Court permits documents that are too large, or that can not be converted to PDF to be filed on paper. See CM/ECF Administrative Procedures, Section M

Related Topics:
* What happens when I am on vacation and I don't have access to e-mail?

* What if my document is too large, or is bound in some way that I can't scan it?

* What is CM/ECF?

* How do I register for Electronic Case Filing (ECF) in the District of Massachusetts?

* How do I file a new civil case?

* Local Rule requires a Certificate of Service, but how do I know who I have to serve by paper?

* Is there a size limitation for Adobe PDF documents in CM/ECF?

* I tried to file a document but it says "format not recognized". What am I doing wrong?

* How do I file my executed summons?

* I registered for ECF but I have not received a login and password. How can I check on this?

* Is CM/ECF mandatory?

* I open the document, but all I see is a blank screen. What's wrong?

* I am having problems logging in with the information that was provided to me. Every time I type in the password, the system tells me that it is incorrect or that I can cancel or continue. Can you please check my account and let me know why I keep getting an error when I use it.

* I filed an answer that included two other attorneys from my firm, but their names do not appear on the docket. Why?

* What if I make a mistake when filing a document?

* What should we do when an attorney leaves the firm?

* The law firm I work for is merging with another firm. How do I update my contact information?

* How do I know what entry to use?

* I filed an Immigration or Naturalization petition, but can not see the case through PACER. Why?

* How do I sign and file an affidavit?

* I am admitted pro hac vice? May I register to use CM/ECF?

* Where is the Notice of Removal entry?

* I recently upgraded my Adobe application. When I try to view PDF documents in CM/ECF, I see a blank screen. How can I fix this?

* I'm unable to print a pdf document, it only asks me to name it. Why?

* Can you change my or my associate's email address for me?

* How do I get a summons when I file a new case?

* Do I need to use a client code when logging into PACER or ECF?

* How do I sign my documents?

* How do I pay my filing fee?

* I filed an appearance in a case, but have since the left the firm. What do I need to do to stop receiving notices?

* What documents can not be filed electronically?

* I registered for ECF and have begun to receive e-mails with the Notice of Electronic Filing but I have not received a login and password yet. What do I do?

* May I file a notice of appearance for another attorney?

* How do I file documents filed as part of the mediation process?

* I filed a document that requires a fee, but failed to make the payment. What do I do?

* I need a summons. What do I do?

* I am filing a civil case with many parties. Do I add them all?

United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts

[ Home | Site Map | Contact Information ]