Do I need to use a client code when logging into PACER or ECF?
From the PACER Service Center: The client code field is an optional feature that can be used to help track groups of transactions. For those firms or individuals not interested in this feature the field can be left blank. If the field is used it will accept up to thirty-two characters of text. This feature can be useful to those firms who are doing work for multiple clients and would like to have those transactions grouped separately for their own internal billing process.
* Is CM/ECF mandatory?
* I need a summons. What do I do?
* How do I pay my filing fee?
* I've registered for and received a CM/ECF login account, but I still get a login screen when I try to search for case information. Why?
* How do I register for Electronic Case Filing (ECF) in the District of Massachusetts?
* How do I get a summons when I file a new case?
* I received a notice of electronic filing in a case I'm involved in but there was no link or text after the line: "Copy the URL address on the line below into the location bar of your Web browser to view the document: or Document Number:"
* How do I know what entry to use?
* What if I make a mistake when filing a document?
* May I file a notice of appearance for another attorney?
* I registered for ECF and have begun to receive e-mails with the Notice of Electronic Filing but I have not received a login and password yet. What do I do?
* I filed an appearance in a case, but have since the left the firm. What do I need to do to stop receiving notices?
* How do I sign my documents?
* What is CM/ECF?
* What happens when I am on vacation and I don't have access to e-mail?
* I am admitted pro hac vice? May I register to use CM/ECF?
* I am filing a civil case with many parties. Do I add them all?
* When I copy the URL address from the Notice of Electronic Filing (NEF) receipt into a browser (as instructed), it brings me to a PACER login screen. Why?
* I filed an Immigration or Naturalization petition, but can not see the case through PACER. Why?
* I am having problems logging in with the information that was provided to me. Every time I type in the password, the system tells me that it is incorrect or that I can cancel or continue. Can you please check my account and let me know why I keep getting an error when I use it.
* The law firm I work for is merging with another firm. How do I update my contact information?
* Local Rule requires a Certificate of Service, but how do I know who I have to serve by paper?
* How do I file documents filed as part of the mediation process?
* I filed an answer that included two other attorneys from my firm, but their names do not appear on the docket. Why?
* What documents can not be filed electronically?
* I registered for ECF but I have not received a login and password. How can I check on this?
* How do I link my PACER account to my ECF account?
* How do I file a new civil case?
* How do I sign and file an affidavit?
* In training we were told you get one free look at the document when you receive a Notice of Electronic Filing. How does it work, since we still have to login to PACER?
* How do I file my executed summons?
* What should we do when an attorney leaves the firm?
* I filed a document that requires a fee, but failed to make the payment. What do I do?
* I have a box full of exhibits. Must they all be filed electronically?
* Can you change my or my associate's email address for me?
* Where is the Notice of Removal entry?
United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts