CM/ECF Frequently Asked Questions

Match word(s).

I filed an answer that included two other attorneys from my firm, but their names do not appear on the docket. Why?

Each attorney must file their own notice of appearance, by logging into CM/ECF using his/her own CM/ECF account.

Related Topics:
* What documents can not be filed electronically?

* May I file a notice of appearance for another attorney?

* Do I need to use a client code when logging into PACER or ECF?

* What is CM/ECF?

* How do I file my executed summons?

* Can you change my or my associate's email address for me?

* How do I sign my documents?

* What happens when I am on vacation and I don't have access to e-mail?

* I am filing a civil case with many parties. Do I add them all?

* Where is the Notice of Removal entry?

* I need a summons. What do I do?

* I registered for ECF and have begun to receive e-mails with the Notice of Electronic Filing but I have not received a login and password yet. What do I do?

* What if I make a mistake when filing a document?

* How do I file a new civil case?

* I filed an Immigration or Naturalization petition, but can not see the case through PACER. Why?

* The law firm I work for is merging with another firm. How do I update my contact information?

* I am having problems logging in with the information that was provided to me. Every time I type in the password, the system tells me that it is incorrect or that I can cancel or continue. Can you please check my account and let me know why I keep getting an error when I use it.

* Is CM/ECF mandatory?

* How do I register for Electronic Case Filing (ECF) in the District of Massachusetts?

* I registered for ECF but I have not received a login and password. How can I check on this?

* How do I get a summons when I file a new case?

* How do I file documents filed as part of the mediation process?

* I filed an appearance in a case, but have since the left the firm. What do I need to do to stop receiving notices?

* How do I sign and file an affidavit?

* What should we do when an attorney leaves the firm?

* How do I pay my filing fee?

* I filed a document that requires a fee, but failed to make the payment. What do I do?

* How do I know what entry to use?

* I am admitted pro hac vice? May I register to use CM/ECF?

* Local Rule requires a Certificate of Service, but how do I know who I have to serve by paper?

* I have a box full of exhibits. Must they all be filed electronically?

United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts

[ Home | Site Map | Contact Information ]