I registered for ECF but I have not received a login and password. How can I check on this?
We are processing requests for ECF logins and reconciling attorney admissions information with ECF applications as soon as possible after receipt. Generally, logins and passwords are issued within 10 business days of our receipt of the application. In order to be eligible for an ECF login in the District of Massachusetts, you must have re-registered for attorney admission if you were previously admitted to the U.S.D.C. bar for the District of Massachusetts or you must have been allowed to appear pro hac vice, or you represent the United States Government. Also, you must make sure that your mail server allows mail to arrive from CMecfRegistrar@mad.uscourts.gov and ECFNotice@mad.uscourts.gov.
* I registered for ECF and have begun to receive e-mails with the Notice of Electronic Filing but I have not received a login and password yet. What do I do?
* I filed an appearance in a case, but have since the left the firm. What do I need to do to stop receiving notices?
* How do I register for Electronic Case Filing (ECF) in the District of Massachusetts?
* How do I sign and file an affidavit?
* I filed an answer that included two other attorneys from my firm, but their names do not appear on the docket. Why?
* How do I file documents filed as part of the mediation process?
* I need a summons. What do I do?
* How do I file my executed summons?
* May I file a notice of appearance for another attorney?
* Local Rule requires a Certificate of Service, but how do I know who I have to serve by paper?
* The law firm I work for is merging with another firm. How do I update my contact information?
* I filed a document that requires a fee, but failed to make the payment. What do I do?
* How do I pay my filing fee?
* What should we do when an attorney leaves the firm?
* Can you change my or my associate's email address for me?
* How do I sign my documents?
* What is CM/ECF?
* I am having problems logging in with the information that was provided to me. Every time I type in the password, the system tells me that it is incorrect or that I can cancel or continue. Can you please check my account and let me know why I keep getting an error when I use it.
* Where is the Notice of Removal entry?
* I filed an Immigration or Naturalization petition, but can not see the case through PACER. Why?
* How do I know what entry to use?
* I am admitted pro hac vice? May I register to use CM/ECF?
* What if I make a mistake when filing a document?
* What happens when I am on vacation and I don't have access to e-mail?
* I am filing a civil case with many parties. Do I add them all?
* Is CM/ECF mandatory?
* Do I need to use a client code when logging into PACER or ECF?
* What documents can not be filed electronically?
* I have a box full of exhibits. Must they all be filed electronically?
* How do I get a summons when I file a new case?
* How do I file a new civil case?
United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts