I registered for ECF but I have not received a login and password. How can I check on this?
We are processing requests for ECF logins and reconciling attorney admissions information with ECF applications as soon as possible after receipt. Generally, logins and passwords are issued within 10 business days of our receipt of the application. In order to be eligible for an ECF login in the District of Massachusetts, you must have re-registered for attorney admission if you were previously admitted to the U.S.D.C. bar for the District of Massachusetts or you must have been allowed to appear pro hac vice, or you represent the United States Government. Also, you must make sure that your mail server allows mail to arrive from CMecfRegistrar@mad.uscourts.gov and ECFNotice@mad.uscourts.gov.
* How do I sign my documents?
* I filed an Immigration or Naturalization petition, but can not see the case through PACER. Why?
* What should we do when an attorney leaves the firm?
* What is CM/ECF?
* How do I get a summons when I file a new case?
* How do I file my executed summons?
* What if I make a mistake when filing a document?
* How do I register for Electronic Case Filing (ECF) in the District of Massachusetts?
* Can you change my or my associate's email address for me?
* How do I sign and file an affidavit?
* I filed an appearance in a case, but have since the left the firm. What do I need to do to stop receiving notices?
* Where is the Notice of Removal entry?
* How do I pay my filing fee?
* May I file a notice of appearance for another attorney?
* I am having problems logging in with the information that was provided to me. Every time I type in the password, the system tells me that it is incorrect or that I can cancel or continue. Can you please check my account and let me know why I keep getting an error when I use it.
* I registered for ECF and have begun to receive e-mails with the Notice of Electronic Filing but I have not received a login and password yet. What do I do?
* How do I file documents filed as part of the mediation process?
* I filed an answer that included two other attorneys from my firm, but their names do not appear on the docket. Why?
* I need a summons. What do I do?
* I have a box full of exhibits. Must they all be filed electronically?
* What happens when I am on vacation and I don't have access to e-mail?
* Is CM/ECF mandatory?
* How do I file a new civil case?
* The law firm I work for is merging with another firm. How do I update my contact information?
* What documents can not be filed electronically?
* I am filing a civil case with many parties. Do I add them all?
* Local Rule requires a Certificate of Service, but how do I know who I have to serve by paper?
* Do I need to use a client code when logging into PACER or ECF?
* I filed a document that requires a fee, but failed to make the payment. What do I do?
* How do I know what entry to use?
* I am admitted pro hac vice? May I register to use CM/ECF?
United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts