How do I sign my documents?
"The user log-in and password required to submit documents to the ECF system shall serve as that user's signature for purposes of Fed.R.Civ.P.11 and for all other purposes under the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and the Local Rules of this court. All electronically filed documents must include a signature block and must set forth the attorney's name, Bar number, address, telephone number and e-mail address. The name of the ECF user under whose log-in and password the document is submitted must be preceded by a ""/s/"" and typed in the space where the signature would otherwise appear. (See CM/ECF Administrative Procedures, Section J)"
* Is there a size limitation for Adobe PDF documents in CM/ECF?
* What if I make a mistake when filing a document?
* Is CM/ECF mandatory?
* May I file a notice of appearance for another attorney?
* I registered for ECF but I have not received a login and password. How can I check on this?
* Can you change my or my associate's email address for me?
* I filed an answer that included two other attorneys from my firm, but their names do not appear on the docket. Why?
* I am admitted pro hac vice? May I register to use CM/ECF?
* I tried to file a document but it says "format not recognized". What am I doing wrong?
* I am having problems logging in with the information that was provided to me. Every time I type in the password, the system tells me that it is incorrect or that I can cancel or continue. Can you please check my account and let me know why I keep getting an error when I use it.
* I open the document, but all I see is a blank screen. What's wrong?
* How do I pay my filing fee?
* Local Rule requires a Certificate of Service, but how do I know who I have to serve by paper?
* I filed a document that requires a fee, but failed to make the payment. What do I do?
* The law firm I work for is merging with another firm. How do I update my contact information?
* Do I need to use a client code when logging into PACER or ECF?
* Where is the Notice of Removal entry?
* How do I register for Electronic Case Filing (ECF) in the District of Massachusetts?
* What should we do when an attorney leaves the firm?
* I'm unable to print a pdf document, it only asks me to name it. Why?
* I filed an Immigration or Naturalization petition, but can not see the case through PACER. Why?
* I have a box full of exhibits. Must they all be filed electronically?
* What happens when I am on vacation and I don't have access to e-mail?
* How do I file my executed summons?
* How do I file a new civil case?
* I need a summons. What do I do?
* How do I get a summons when I file a new case?
* What if my document is too large, or is bound in some way that I can't scan it?
* How do I file documents filed as part of the mediation process?
* How do I know what entry to use?
* What documents can not be filed electronically?
* I am filing a civil case with many parties. Do I add them all?
* I registered for ECF and have begun to receive e-mails with the Notice of Electronic Filing but I have not received a login and password yet. What do I do?
* I recently upgraded my Adobe application. When I try to view PDF documents in CM/ECF, I see a blank screen. How can I fix this?
* How do I sign and file an affidavit?
* I filed an appearance in a case, but have since the left the firm. What do I need to do to stop receiving notices?
* What is CM/ECF?
United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts