I received a notice of electronic filing in a case I'm involved in but there was no link or text after the line: "Copy the URL address on the line below into the location bar of your Web browser to view the document: or Document Number:"
There was no document filed with the docket entry. Not all events (entries) in the case need to have PDF documents filed with them. Court users may enter Electronic Orders, Electronic Clerk's Notes, Electronic Notices, etc. without attaching a PDF file. These entries are text-only entries. Additional Information : 'Copy the URL address' shows up when the attorney chooses Text Noticing in their email setup. 'Document Number' shows up when the attorney chooses HTML Noticing in their email setup. Users may change from Text Only to HTML by modifying email information from the Utilities menu.
* When I copy the URL address from the Notice of Electronic Filing (NEF) receipt into a browser (as instructed), it brings me to a PACER login screen. Why?
* Do I need to use a client code when logging into PACER or ECF?
* I have filed a notice of appearance but I'm not receiving notices. How do I fix this?
* I'm having problems with my internet provider and I have not received my electronic notices. What should I do?
* I added additional email addresses to my noticing list however, now I am not getting any notices. Why?
* In training we were told you get one free look at the document when you receive a Notice of Electronic Filing. How does it work, since we still have to login to PACER?
* I'm not receiving notices in cases in which I am involved. I've registered for ECF and have a login and password. What's wrong?
* What happens when I am on vacation and I don't have access to e-mail?
* I've registered for and received a CM/ECF login account, but I still get a login screen when I try to search for case information. Why?
* Local Rule requires a Certificate of Service, but how do I know who I have to serve by paper?
* What should we do when an attorney leaves the firm?
* I filed an appearance in a case, but have since the left the firm. What do I need to do to stop receiving notices?
* I receive e-mails from the Court, but I just can't read the body of the message. What's wrong?
* How do I link my PACER account to my ECF account?
* May I add a client's email address to my account?
United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts